Position Opening: Program Coordinator
About International Focus:
We are a non-profit, 501(c)(3) organization based in Raleigh, North Carolina with a mission to promote mutual understanding between the people of the Triangle Region and the international community through education, cultural exchange, arts, and the celebration of achievement.
I.F. staff work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. Team members are professional problem-solvers who work well both independently and on a team. They are resourceful, flexible, communicative, and interested in meeting and working with diverse demographics.
Summary of the Position:
This position is part of I.F.’s international exchange programs portfolio, which implements the prestigious International Visitor Leadership Program sponsored by the United States Department of State. The ideal candidate will have the ability to conduct the full project cycle, including developing and implementing programs and liaising with stakeholders. This position requires a commitment to meeting deadlines and goals, excellence, and people skills.
- Develops professional program to meet visitors’ specific objectives.
- Arranges itineraries, accommodations, home hospitality; monitors/facilitates all aspects of visitor activities.
- Develops and maintains professional resources to ensure diverse and high-quality programs.
- Maintains accurate and complete programming files and records; maintains database.
- Submits written program reports.
- Maintains and develops relationships with National Program Agencies (NPA) and promotes North Carolina and the Research Triangle area as a destination.
- Represents International Focus at conferences and meetings.
- Assists with virtual/ in-person speaker series.
- Assists with fund raising projects and special events.
- Assists in recruiting and supervising interns and volunteers.
- Demonstrates personal and professional development with a minimum of guidance.
- Demonstrates a commitment to effective and efficient work habits and professionalism.
- Seeks new opportunities for programming and professional resource development.
- Cultivates relationship with professional resources and members.
- Develops relationships with peers at local, state, and national levels.
- Stays current with all International Focus developments.
- Assists with content for social media and newsletter.
Required Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Interest in international affairs / relations preferred.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Level headedness and a good sense of organization (project management a plus).
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines while maintaining high-quality work.
- Self-starter with ability to work independently, as well as a good team player.
- A growth mindset and a commitment to learning.
- A commitment to the mission, vision, and values of International Focus.
- An enthusiastic interpersonal style that fosters great relationships with colleagues and external partners.
- Confidence in presenting and talking with groups and building relationships with a range of stakeholders, including community groups.
- A commitment to communicating collaboratively on shared projects and events with the team.
**This is a position in a dynamic nonprofit that is ideal for a recent graduate or individual looking for a fulfilling position in the nonprofit. The ideal candidate will be able to work up to 40 hours/week; alternative schedules and locations can be considered, per the flexibility that the nature of the work allows. Occasional pre-scheduled evening or weekend hours may be required.
Compensation is commensurate with experience, equaling up to $33,000 – $35,000 annua, plus $2,000 stipend for health insurance, plus paid vacation and sick leave, and government holidays.
To apply, please submit the following to the Hiring Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cover letter
- Current resumé
- List of 3-5 references
Only applications submitted per the above procedure will be accepted for review. International Focus is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Please NO CALLS! Only candidates receiving an interview will be contacted.